So after the kitchen was demoed it was time for the electrician and plumber to come in and do their work. They made quite a few holes in the walls. Silly me thought drywall was easy (you would think I would know as this is my 4th time doing drywall), but no it was my nemesis and I'm still not done. I think I have realized that the problem was I was doing puzzle piecing drywall to match up with plaster walls that are not a standard depth. So it required lots of cuts and lots of shimming to make it work. Ry jumped in to help me and saved the day (I had a mini meltdown and almost gave up). Let's hope the mudding and taping and sanding goes much smoother and faster than hanging the drywall. :)
East and south walls of kitchen:

South wall of the kitchen:

West wall of the kitchen:

We had to move two of the ceiling lights over to accommodate cabinets on the east wall and because of that move we got rid of the center light as well. So here is a picture of the patches in the ceiling. Also, you can see our wall color testing in the background. We are going to go with the middle green.

Here is the patching in the laundry room. This wasn't something that we had to do, but I wanted to be able to scoot my washer back farther so I had the plumber put the drain and water lines in the wall. It looks so much cleaner and nicer already.

Here is the patching of the cupboard that had been created by the previous owners. We used it as Boomer's treat cupboard and the poor thing still after 2 weeks has not figured out that his treats are no longer in that cupboard. (it was closed up on the dinning room side so that it will become a pull out pantry from the laundry room side)

Here is how I found Boomer at one point while we were working on hanging the drywall. Poor baby was so tired and depressed that he had jumped up on my messy bed to sleep. :(


No comments:
Post a Comment