The path to me scuba diving is quite the story so of course I must share that before I post pics of our trips. When we got married our honey moon was to Hawaii. I had never been snorkeling before, so that was a priority of the trip. (Keep in mind that I was afraid of the water, well really the fish and stuff in the water.) Our hotel had a great beginners snorkeling bay in front. So we decided it was time for me to try snorkeling. We head down to the bay and get all suited up. I stick my head into the water (as Ry stands behind me waiting for me to react) and then immediately jump up to state "Oh my gosh, the fish are huge!! I can't do this!!" as I'm waving my arms around. Quite the sight to see. Poor Ry, if he only knew before he married me. :P Well he was able to calm me down and we began snorkeling and I fell in love. :)
Fast forward two years and Ry decides he wants to get scuba certified so he can go diving on our summer trip to Hawaii. Wants me to, too. Again, I hesitate and say I don't think we should spend all that money for us only to find out I'm too scared to do it. So Ry goes ahead and gets certified before our summer vacation to Hawaii. While in Hawaii we found a shop that will let you try "diving" in their pool for only $25 for an hour alone with an instructor. Turns out that I like it and am ready to try it in the ocean. So the next day while Ry dives I try an introductory dive in the ocean. Again, what was I worried about, I loved it. So the next spring I get certified and we are now hooked. :)
I find it funny how I transitioned from being afraid of the water to now scuba diving in the open ocean with sharks. Quite the transformation.
We have taken 4 vacations focused on scuba diving since we both were certified. First we went back to Hawaii, then Australia, then Cozumel, and then Australia again. Both of the Australia trips we did live aboard boats for 5 nights.
Next I will post pics of our trips.

No comments:
Post a Comment