Monday, April 27, 2009

Australia 06

I am reminiscing about our trips as Ry is about to head to Australia for work. 
 
On our first trip to Australia we spent 3 weeks there.  We started in Northern Queensland to check out the rainforest and get on our dive boat. We spent a little over a week up there as we had a few days before getting on the boat and few days after.  We spent 5 days on the boat.  After that we headed to the Outback for 4 days.  Then we went to Sydney for the last week.  Ry worked while I got check out Sydney. 
A really cool stream we found while hiking in the rainforest. 

Ayer's Rock: We hung out one evening to watch 
it transform from a brown looking rock into a red rock as the sun was setting. Very cool. :)

The Harbor Bridge and Opera House in Sydney. 
The Diving Part:
Here is our boat that we stayed on for 5 days.  We did lots of diving in those 5 days.  I think Ry did 12 and I did 9. :O  The best way to dive the reef is to stay on a boat as you travel around and find the smaller reefs that pop up in the middle of the ocean.  Our boat tried to make it out to Osprey Reef (which is 120 nautical miles from shore), but the waters were too rough once we passed the edge of the reef and the boat had to turn back after an hour of major waves.  I thought we were going to die of course.  

The Reef!!
What you see on the reef is just spectacular.  It really makes you realize what an awesome God we have to have created such beautiful and intricate creatures. 

More to come later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment